All-American third baseman/pitcher Erin Sharpe (Bosque Farms, N.M.) and All-American shortstop Kory Longaker (Edmonds, Wash.) were named the Bellevue University Athletes of the Year in an announcement made today in conjunction with the 46th Annual Bellevue University Athletic Banquet. In addition, senior left-handed pitcher Mitch Savine (Omaha, Neb.) and junior golfer Bri Stagge (Greensburg, Ind.) were recognized as Bellevue University's Academic Athletes of the Year.
Sharpe has etched her name all over the Bellevue softball records' charts and received numerous honors over her stellar four-year Bruin career. She helped the Bruins to a runner-up finish this season in the North Star Athletic Association and a berth in the NAIA National Championship Opening Round. The following are Sharpe's highlights:
- 78 Career home runs (2nd in NAIA History)
- Two-time First Team All-American
- Three-time NSAA Player of the Year, first team all-conference
- 25 home runs (2nd in NAIA)
- 60 RBI (8th in NAIA)
- .892 Slugging (8th in NAIA)
- 44 extra base hits (led NSAA)
- BU's all-time leader in home runs (78), doubles (61), and total bases (579)
- Ranks second in school history with 227 career RBIs
Longaker has had a tremendous two-year run at BU. He has helped lead the Bruins to back-to-back NSAA Tournament Championships as well as this season's regular-season crown and a pair of NAIA National Tournament appearances. Listed below are among some of Longaker's career highlights at Bellevue:
- Two-time first team all-NSAA
- 2018 NSAA Player of the Year
- 2018 Second Team All-American
- 156 assists (Leads the NAIA)
- 25 doubles (2nd in NAIA)
- 78 runs scored (3rd in NAIA)
- 154 total bases (5th in NAIA)
- 87 hits (8th in NAIA)
- .393/.454/.647 career slash line
- Career totals of 178 Hits, 41 Doubles, 22 Home Runs, 101 RBI, 39 Stolen Bases
Savine has been a two-year letterwinner for the Bellevue baseball team, helping the Bruins earn a pair of NSAA Tournament Championships, the 2019 NSAA Regular-Season title, and two appearances in the NAIA National Tournament. Majoring in Business Administration, Savine is a Daktronics-NAIA Scholar-Athlete and is a two-time NSAA Scholar-Athlete. This season, Savine has started six of the 17 games in which he has appeared. He's pitched to a 5-3 record in 54.0 innings on the hill. His best performance came in a game at Dakota State on Apr. 24 where he combined to throw a no-hitter, striking out seven batters in six innings.
Stagge has been a three-year letterwinner on the BU women's golf team and has helped the Bruins advance to the NAIA National Championship two out of the last three seasons. She was a member of the 2019 North Star Athletic Association Tournament championship team that won the title on April 29-30 at Platteview Country Club in Bellevue. Stagge, who came to BU with enough college credits to be a sophomore, is planning to go to graduate school to get her Master's in Business Administration (MBA) and compete in swimming at Milligan College in Tennessee. She is a three-time NSAA Scholar-Athlete and a two-time WGCA All-American Scholar while majoring in Business Administration.